The LG G Stylo unbrick guide is to assist you in recovering your device in the event of a bootloop or soft brick. You can also use this guide to update to the latest firmware.
For the LG G Stylo MS631 & H631.
Make sure to backup any photos or important files from your internal sd. This method wipes the internal sd to give you a clean factory phone.
Optional - Do a twrp backup so that you can restore “data” only from the backup to get your user apps and settings back after updating or unbricking with this guide.
- Download and install LG drivers from HERE
- Power off your phone and wait 10 seconds
- Now go into download mode by holding “volume UP” and plugging the usb cable from your PC
- Download “LG Flash Tool” from HERE and extract it
- Download MetroPCS v20p or T-Mobile v20o kdz
- Place the kdz inside the LG Flash Tool folder
- Now right click on “LGFlashTool2014.exe” and run as administrator
- Now select all the options in the pictures below:
Make sure to select cdma as pictured below even if your phone is gsm. This tool is modified and that’s how it works.
- Now the kdz will be flashed. Just let it finish and it will reboot by itself and then you’re done.